Thursday, November 26, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
I am so proud that I just can’t keep it to myself...
Karen Wells, who is a dear friend as well as one of the contributors to this blog, recently had her book, The Miracle of You, published and has already sold out the first printing!! Congratulations, Karen.
If you are expecting a baby, this is the book to have. It also makes a lovely gift for newly expecting parents. It is a beautifully illustrated book that takes you on a journey from conception through the weeks of pregnancy. For each week of pregnancy, The Miracle of You gives the reader an inspirational promise. It is laced with scriptures that have been prayerfully selected to minister specifically to those expecting.
Words really can’t do justice to how beautiful this book is, so I suggest you get your hands on a copy to see for yourself. It is truly one of the most beautiful pregnancy books I have seen.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
- A bunch of celery
- A whole yellow onion (I like the sweet ones)
- A head of garlic
- Several sprigs of rosemary
- Several stems of thyme
- Several stems of sage leaves
- 2 cubes of butter
- Salt and Pepper (I use kosher salt)
Thursday, November 19, 2009
As I was sitting here with my grandson this morning, listening to his endless chatter, I became completely overwhelmed with gratefulness once again. I was reminded of what a blessed woman I am to have these amazing children be a part of my day to day life.
Just some of the things I am thankful that I am able to experience with them around:
- lots of snuggles
- endless chatter
- amazing company
- loud squeals of laughter when they are chasing each other around the yard (or through the house)
- wrestling matches
- fun teaching moments (6 year old Devin - referring to sandwiches: "Two halves + one whole = 'a double whole'.")
- lots of snuggles
- lots and lots of artwork (Even the artwork on the coffee table done with a black sharpie pen reminds me of how blessed I am to have them around.)
- the new things I learn every day (This week I learned that hand sanitizer will take a silver sharpie mural off of the lamp ;), but it won’t take black sharpie off of the coffee table.)
- did I mention all the snuggles and love I am blessed with????
So anyway, as I was sitting there basking in the blessedness (is that even a word?) of my life and feeling so incredibly thankful for so many things, I realized it is only ONE WEEK until Thanksgiving!!!! Seriously, where has this year gone?!?
As we celebrate this season of giving thanks, what are you finding yourself thankful for?