Friday, July 3, 2009

Fruitful Friday - Caprese Salad

Fresh tomatoes and summer. They just go together. Earlier this week I made a Caprese Salad that was so delicious (if I do say so myself) that I made it again yesterday for lunch. :) It was so yummy that I just have to share the recipe with you all.

Here's what you'll need:

2 Large Tomatoes, sliced thick
4 oz. ball of fresh Mozzarella cheese (I use the soft kind in water)
Fresh Basil (I picked mine straight from my yard)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
2 Cloves Garlic
Fresh Ground Pepper
Fresh Ground Sea Salt (regular salt will also do)

Here's what you do:

Slice each tomato into about 3 slices (depending on their size) and put on plate.
Slice mozzarella and place a slice on each of the tomato slices. Garnish with Basil.
Whisk together the remaining ingredients and drizzle over the top of the Salad.

Here's what mine looked like...

And a closeup...

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!!

No comments: