Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday

It must be Spring.

I know this because two things happen to me every Spring. First, I always feel the need to go get a fresh new haircut. Second, I start having the desire to fire up the grill and BBQ for dinner every night.

It must be Spring, because today both of those things happened. I went and got myself a shorter, springy haircut and then came home and barbecued dinner.

Springtime gives me so many reasons to be thankful. Here are just a few:

  • Warm, sunny days.
  • Streets lined with trees that are in full bloom.
  • Watching things that appear to be dead start coming back to life again.
  • Tulips.
  • Warm, sunny days.
  • The renewed energy I feel when it is warm and sunny.
  • The sound of my grandchildren laughing and playing outdoors.
  • Daffodils.
  • Waking in the morning to the sound of birds singing.
  • Working in the yard.
  • Firing up the barbecue.
  • Warm, sunny days.

Oh yeah, and I'm also extra-thankful that I get to go see Beth Moore at the Living Proof Live conference this weekend.
:)

What is it you're thankful for?

No comments: