Friday, May 29, 2009

Fruitful Fridays - Grilled Turkey & Basil Patties

Okay ladies, I don't know about you, but once the nice weather hits my grill becomes my BFF. Seriously. I can't even imagine not having a grill in the summertime. There is just something about the sunshine and warm air that makes me actually 'desire' eating lean, healthy meals. And my grill helps me make that happen.

A week or so ago there was a great sale at Safeway on ground turkey breast was so my husband bought several packages to put in the freezer. I wasn't sure what exactly I was going to do with them, but it didn't take me long to figure something out. A few days ago I threw together some ground turkey patties that were so easy and yummy I just had to share the recipe with you all. The only thing is, I didn't measure anything, so I use the term 'recipe' loosely. I apologize ahead of time to those of you who like an exact measurement.

Grilled Turkey & Basil Patties

1.25 lb. pkg ground turkey breast
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
fresh basil leaves, cut in small pieces (I picked about 3 stems out of my herb garden)
2 - 3 Tbsp. olive oil (helps hold mixture together)
fresh ground pepper
fresh ground sea salt

Mix together all ingredients in bowl. Form into 4 equal sized patties. Grill for approximately 10 minutes on each side. Meat will be white the whole way through when done.

I served these with a green salad and a slice of watermelon, but I'm thinking they would also be great on a whole wheat bun with lettuce and tomato.

Okay, now that I have made my mouth water just thinking about the yumminess, I guess I had better start thinking about tonight's dinner since it's now 4:30 pm and I have no idea what I'll be making. :)


Have a great weekend!!

No comments: