Friday, May 15, 2009

Fruitful Fridays - Mother's Bistro

So, I would like to wish a "belated" mother's day to all of you wonderful moms out there. And in honor of you, I want to share my favorite Mom Restaurant...Can you guess the name?

Mother's Bistro

Catchy, huh? Actually this place is TOPS! I could go on and on about the decor and the great wait staff, etc., but it's the food that is what makes this place one of my favs! Located Downtown right off the Morrison Bridge on the corner of 2nd and Stark, you will not be disappointed.

First of all, you'll start with STUMPTOWN COFFEE. (for you coffee geeks out there, I don't need to go any further do I?) But wait, there's more...

They have a diverse menu, serving old classics with a refined style. The best part of the menu actually changes from month to month. They have what is called a "M.O.M. - Mother Of the Month". Patrons can write in to the Head Chef Lisa Schroeder and nominate their mom's recipes to be featured at the restaurant that month. I love reading the bios in the menu, as well as, seeing the different dishes they selected.

For a "nice" restaurant, they are kid friendly. My 6 year old specifically requests to go there for  breakfast. They serve a huge pancake and use bananas and chocolate chips to make a smiley face. They also have a small, discrete busy station with some books and toys.

I will say, I choose to go on weekends for breakfast. Only on Saturday and Sunday, they serve Eggs Benedict. Truthfully, this meal served with Crab is at THE top of my all time favorite restaurant dishes. Go early and be prepared to wait. The line to get in at 9:00, tends to start at 8:30 on weekends. If you are going with a large party, you better call ahead to make reservations. Prices are on the higher than Denny's, but is not a "through the roof" place, and the quality of food makes it worth it in my book.

There you go...my unsolicited restaurant review. Do you have any other great "Mom" restaurants you would like to share?

No comments: