Thursday, September 17, 2009

YES!! I’m NOT OLD!!

As moms, we often wonder what goes through little children’s minds in different situations. Other times, we are fortunate enough to have them speak what’s on their minds. The other day was one of those times. I have to share this one with you because...well, just because it made my day...and it’s really cute.


The other day my 4 year old grandson had spent the afternoon with his little friend after preschool. The friend’s mom dropped him off at my house and had the following conversation afterward.


Friend: “It’s not fair that ‘T’ has two Mommies.”


Friend’s Mommy: “What do you mean?”


Friend: “It’s not fair that ‘T’ has two Mommies and I only have one Mommy.”


Friend’s Mommy: “‘E’, he only has one Mommy. Susan’s not his Mommy, she’s his Grandma.”


Friend: “She is NOT his Grandma.”


Friend’s Mommy: “‘E’, what makes you think she’s ‘T’s Mommy instead of his Grandma?


Friend: “She’s not his Grandma, ''cause she’s NOT OLD.”


Well there you have it. I’m not old, even in the eyes of a 5 year old child. Yep, MADE. MY. DAY. :)

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

oh my gosh isn't that the best. My son said the same thing when he referenced his Dad being "older" to which I told him I was the same age. He said, well you're not old Mom, I took the grocery bag back I had had him carry for me, just for being so nice =)

andrea said...

Sus, remember this on monday...