Wednesday, January 14, 2009

All Church Fast

Wow. I can't believe a whole month went by without posting. After all the snow days, holidays, the All Church Leadership retreat and Children's Christmas programs in January, I finally feel like my life is returning to some semblance of normalcy. 

And I can't believe we are 2 weeks into a new year. I am excited to be able to say that so far I haven't blown my new years goals. I am organizing my life and I have gotten back to an excercise routine. I'd love to hear how you are all doing on your goals so far. 

One of the things I look forward to each January is the All Church fast we do here at City Bible Church. If you haven't heard, today is Day One of the 40 day fast. Basically how it works is each one of us prays about what it is God wants us to fast. Some fast one meal a day, some fast sweets or media, some eat just fruits and veggies. The point is for each person in our church to fast from something and spend time seeking the Lord.

Since a lot of families choose to do a Daniel style fast we will be posting some great recipes over the next few weeks that our families love. The fast comes from Daniel chapters 1 and 10 when Daniel did not eat anything from the king's table. Basically, It means abstaining from all meat and animal products, sugar, processed foods, caffeine, dairy and foods with any additives. The foods allowed are whole grains, legumes (beans), fruits & veggies, nuts, seeds, fruit & veggie juices, and water. (If you would like a more exhaustive list just let us know and we can email you one.) 

You can go here to read Pastor Frank's post on 'Guidelines for Fasting & Prayer'.

Let's believe together for God to move mightily in our midst!!

No comments: