Friday, January 16, 2009

Fruitful Fridays

Hello all!

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Karen Wells and I am attend the Rocky Butte Campus. First of all...kudos go out to Susan for starting and administrating this blog! Such a great way to connect moms!

Susan explained the 40 day fast in the previous post and she mentioned recipes! Well, I love to cook and find really yummy, healthy recipes. Our family is doing a Daniel type fast and trying also to incorporate some specific foods to assist in helping our bodies cleanse excess toxins and waste.

How great is that...the fast works on the outside, while God works on the inside! I love how God's principles can be both spiritual and practical.

Over the next few weeks I am going to contribute on "Fruitful Fridays" and share a little of what our household is eating (or not eating as the case may be, lol). I want to start with a favorite recipe and rather than spending the time typing something that doesn't print well, I'll let you follow the link.
Kerry's Beany Salad
I add in 2-3 stalks of chopped celery and 3/4 cup pinon nuts (pine nuts), use 1/3 cup red wine vinegar instead of 1/4 cup, substitute white pepper for black and use 1/4 cup of olive oil instead of 1/2 cup.

Hope you enjoy...leave your comments on how it went over with the family or any changes you made.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Karen, thanks for sharing this recipe. Since you first shared it with me a few years ago, it has become a family favorite! I use short grain brown rice instead of white and sometimes I add in cooked wheat berries. I have also used red onion instead of green. It is great served with organic baked blue corn chips and organic salsa. Oh, and it's great either warm or cold.