Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Believe God

Okay, so please bear with me as I'm still trying to  get a rhythm going with this whole blogging thing. I have all these ideas in my head and things on my heart that I want to share, but I just have one thing after another that keeps tripping me up. The latest of which, was this nasty flu bug that has been going around. Seriously, I am convinced that any day now it will have touched pretty much everyone in our church, since almost everyone I know has had this thing visit their household. How are you all holding up this flu season?

So anyway, to get on with what's on my heart today...

I'm doing Beth Moore's - 'Believing God' bible study at church and I want to share with you a couple of the portions of scripture we discussed this morning that really minister to me. I hope they will minister to you as well.

For the LORD is God, and he created the heavens and earth and put everything in place. He made the world to be lived in, not to be a place of empty chaos.
"I am the LORD," he says, "and there is no other." I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner so no one can understand what I mean. And I did not tell the people of Israel to ask me for something I did not plan to give. I, the LORD, speak only what is true and right. Isaiah 45:18-19 NLT

Isn't it wonderful to know that God, the Creator of the universe and everything in it, is the same yesterday, today and forever; and that he has boldly and publicly proclaimed His promises? Oh, how it does my heart good to know that He never promises something that He doesn't plan to give. 

When I think of all the promises in scripture that God has made to me personally, and to you, it is so encouraging to know that He will follow through with what He has promised. 

One of my favorite promises from God is found in Isaiah 40:29-31 NLT: He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak. Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait on the LORD will find new strength. they will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

I know that God never gets tired or weary. And I know that when I have no strength of my own, I have access to His strength. I know that whenever I am exhausted all I have to do is stop and wait on Him. If I do this, I will find new strength. How do I know this, you might ask? I know this because He has proven Himself faithful to me over and over. 

If you are finding yourself tired and weary today, I encourage you to do what His word says. Put everything else aside for a few moments and just wait on the LORD. Make a divine exchange with the Creator of the universe; give Him your weariness in exchange for His strength and power.  Believe God.

What promises has God given you that you are believing Him for? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Susan for the encouragement to wait on the Lord to find strength.

I am believing God to set women free. I think there is nothing more beautiful in the world than seeing a woman free from the weight of her past and the shackles of condemnation, shame and fear.

I am also praying for myself and some dear friends of mine. I am pressing in right now to see God fulfill the promise that Truth sets us free. I am asking Him to reveal Truth that totally dispels the lies of the enemy. Cleansing out all things that does not line up with who God has said we are!

I need strength because even though I know God is doing the internal cleansing...sometimes all I can see is the external.

Thanks again for the encouragement!