Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am so thankful for the Bible and it's message reminding me of just how amazing God is...

1 Chronicles 29:10-13 (The Message)

David blessed God in full view of the entire congregation:
Blessed are you, God of Israel, our father from of old and forever.
To you, O God, belong the greatness and the might,
the glory, the victory, the majesty, the splendor;
Yes! Everything in heaven, everything on earth;
the kingdom all yours! You've raised yourself high over all.
Riches and glory come from you, you're ruler over all;
You hold strength and power in the palm of your hand 
to build up and strengthen all.
And here we are, O God, our God giving thanks to you,
praising your splendid Name.

Isn't it reassuring to know that everything in Heaven and Earth belong to God?  No matter what is going on around us, the victory belongs to God. 

Sometimes the circumstances around us blind us to the fact that God is in control. But I would like to remind you today that if  you are in the midst of a storm, do not take your eyes off Jesus. Remember Peter in the storm on the sea? As long as he was looking at Jesus and not the storm, he stayed on top of the water; but as soon as he took his eyes off of Jesus and focused on the raging storm, he began to sink.

Here are a few of the many things that I am thankful for today:
I am thankful that my husband is home safely from Japan. 
I am thankful for the almost 7500 young people that had their lives touched through the Generation Unleashed conferences.
I am also thankful for the hundreds of volunteers that made the conference happen. You are amazing servants!!
I am thankful that this sickness that has been raging through our family looks like it has almost run it's course. (Now if I could just get rid of the lingering cough)
I am thankful for all the snow we've had this winter. Nothing like a blazing fire with snow falling outside. :)

What about you? What are you thankful for today?

No comments: