Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm finding myself thankful for simple things, like:


-I am over that flu bug and my energy has finally returned to normal.

-Waking up to sunshine on so many mornings this winter.

-My wood burning fireplace on chilly nights. (can you hear it crackling?).

-Christian music that ministers to my soul.

-Most of all I am thankful that God, the King of Glory, pursues me with His love. I was reminded of this today as I was driving home. I had the radio on and the song 'King of Glory' by Third Day began to play. 


Who is this King of Glory that pursues me with his love, 

 And haunts me with each hearing of His softly spoken words

My conscience, a reminder of forgiveness that I need
Who is this King of Glory who offers it to me

As the song played and I listened to these lyrics my heart was filled with such a gratefulness for all He has done for me. Not only does He pursue me with His love, He offers me the forgiveness that I need. 


What are you thankful for today?

No comments: